Monday, August 11, 2008

Almost Harvest Time

He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."
Luke 10:2
This is a picture of the view out our kitchen window. The wheat is almost ripe...and in just a few weeks we will certainly see Farmer Bob harvesting his crop. He planted the seed, he cared diligently for his fields, and he would be foolish not to reap the fruits of his labor. But he doesn't harvest by himself. He brings in a crew of friends, family and neighbors, and for several weeks, they all work together from dawn till dusk to harvest the wheat. If the workers didn't do the work when the wheat was ready, all would be for naught.
-
This is also a picture of the view of France that God has put in our hearts. We believe that He has already been working to till the soil, plant some seeds, and tend their fields. But harvest time is coming...and the workers are few.
-
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

1 comment:

  1. I hear God's voice so clearly through your writing, and the verses that you so beautifully weave into your stories. Thank you! As always, I am honored to be your friend and to be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS