Friday, November 4, 2011

Censored

Here are the many ways that I was not allowed to begin our annual Christmas Letter. My husband wisely censored me.

To Whom it May Concern: Due to an unexpected amount of discouragement and grumpiness we regret to inform you that this Christmas letter will be devoid of any merry-making or glad tidings. 


We have had a really challenging year. I say "challenging" because it doesn't seem right to say "crappy" in a Christmas letter. 


The romance of living in Europe is gone, and all that remains is an on-going wish that all the people who ride the Paris Metro would learn the value of a daily dose of deodorant.


All I want for Christmas is my Carte de Sejour!


I'd like to tell you that my vacuum cleaner sucks, but unfortunately it is about the only thing in our life that doesn't.


No wonder the French drink so much wine...


Ah, but I jest. In the end, the writing of our Christmas Letter always turns me towards God in gratitude.  I am no longer looking at the circumstances (which ARE difficult), I am clinging to the Lord (who saves). His faithfulness is enormous and His mercies are new every morning. The TRUTH is that God is good, all the time, and He is worthy to be praised.


Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
Psalms 126:5

1 comment:

  1. The them of your blog is so cool !and your posts are so interesting ,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS