Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Priorities

One of our assignments in class this morning was to create a model of our priorities as we go to be missionaries. David and I were in different groups for this task, but we each liked what both of our groups came up with, so I thought that I would share them here.


This one is from David's group (and obviously David's artwork) I love that God is driving the bus, the donors are the wheels (we need them in order to go!), the bus is powered by the Holy Spirit and covered by prayer.


This was the model my group made. We saw God as our ever present root system, feeding all other aspects of everything that we do. We put the spouse and kids on the trunk of the tree because those things remain constant, but other things we put into different seasons, because it seems that each of those other things will take a different level of importance through various seasons of life. The rain drops are prayer.

It was helpful to have to sit and think through what our priorities really are, and how we will keep them straight as we move into the mission field.

On another note, I have been receiving a number of demands for more Gumby creations. Apparently, Gumby has quite a following. I had no idea. So without further ado, may I present Jack Sparrow Gumby:


1 comment:

  1. I love this! It would be a wonderful exercise to do for any couple and family... Did the boys have a similar exercise? Would be neat to see what they would come up with. Glad ole Gumpy is baaaaaaack! What would a French Gumpy look like? (or is that stereotyping? hummmmm...)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS