Sunday, August 16, 2009

Montana Meditations

David is reading a novel. Graham is playing the guitar. Chandler is playing his Nintendo DS. And I am blogging.

Each of us is being refueled in our own way. Each of us is content. We are not the least bit dismayed by the cold, cloudy weather; rather, we are allowing ourselves to slow down, breathe deeply, and sleep late.

"Be still and know that I am God."

Our summer has been one of constant motion, high intensity, and great adventure. Which I love. But right now we are in a place of rest. A place where the needs and hopes of tomorrow lie in silent wait while the joys and delights of today voice their song.

"Come to me, you are weary, and I will give you rest."

Today we have everything we need. Today we are free from worry. Today we are enjoying the company of family. We belong to Jesus, and we are deeply loved.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS