Monday, January 25, 2010

Random Facts which Might Cause You to Doubt my Sanity

My sons have spent the last two weeks looking for a mummified chicken that is buried somewhere on school grounds. I fully support this use of time. I am hoping they find it.

I am having a recurring nightmare about France which involves me, a hair salon, and a language barrier.

I have been working on my Lena Lamont impersonation, and I really think I have it down. "People?!? I. Ain't. People. I am a shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament."


I am on a crusade to discover comfortable sleepwear. Nightgowns bunch at my waist. Flannel pants get all twisted when I roll over. And it is too cold for my summer solution....This issue is compounding the effects of my chronic insomnia. Between the pajama problem and the France nightmare I think I only got about 6 good hours of sleep last week.

I frequently attempt Triple Salchows (the ice skating jump) in my hallway in anticipation of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. David is pretty sure I am going to break something.

I am on a serious quest to learn how to pray, and yet this is the kind of conversation I find myself having with my mother:

Mom: "Your father is going fishing today, so pray for him."

Me: "Um, okay."

Mom: "Good. Because your sister (the vegetarian) is praying for the fish."

(I realize that the sanity of many may come into question in the previous exchange. Blame it on genetics. And may I add that I find it extremely difficult to go deep in prayer on either side of the fishing request? Come on, people! Throw me a bone! "What's wrong with the way I (pray)? Am I dumb or somethin'?" And yes, that was another Lena Lamont impersonation.)

I am jealous of my cats. They sleep effortlessly. Probably because they don't have the whole "pajama" issue with which to contend. Which really makes me wonder about the expression: "Well, isn't that just the cat's pajamas!"

I was recently informed that in the song "This is Home" from the Prince Caspian soundtrack, the bridge does NOT contain the phrase, "I've got a brand new mustache." My talent for misunderstanding lyrics was once again exposed, as my children informed me that the correct words are, "I've got a brand new mindset." I was close. VERY close. And I was reminded to schedule a wax.

So that's about it. Boy. That was a lot of work. In the words of Miss Lamont, "If we bring a little bit of joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as if our hard work ain't been in vain for nothin'."

3 comments:

  1. Had to google Lena Lamont - now have to go rent "Singing in the Rain" - I don't remember her!
    Flannel or cotton sleepers with feet - not cinching at the waist?
    Fish or no fish? Pray for your dad so he doesn't fall in - and let the fish take care of itself!
    Paris beauty salon - take some pictures of you with the hairdo that you like on you - and show them to the stylist.
    My humdrum life was entertained...... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer pjs and an electric blanket... works for me :)
    I sleep like a rock.

    Laughed out loud at sister praying for the fish. That is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quickly popping over to say that I thought about your Dad and fishing this morning... I prayed for him... that God would grow his heart and his desire to be a fisher of men for the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS