Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Blogger

I asked--and YOU answered! THANKS for all of the wonderful Blog ideas!

One of my favorite suggestions came from my dear friend SP, who asked if perhaps one of the boys could write a post for me. So I have asked Chandler to write about his experience in the French School. Without further ado...Heeeeeeeeeere's Chandler!

Well, I guess I'm here to talk about my 9th grade life, which is called "Troisième" or Third. Obviously, one major difference is that the school teaches most stuff in French (insert gasps of amazement here). This may seem like a lot to you, but it's really not that difficult. Really!... Well, okay, the French classes (I mean French language classes) go in one ear and out the other, but other than that it's somewhat easy. 
One thing that I notice is respect. I don't know how it is in the States, but over here respect depends on the teacher. For instance, the History teacher is always listened to, but English is so-so, and the Physics teacher has no control at all. 
Another thing is the tests. Two things are interesting: 1. It's the only time that the class is sure to be quiet, and 2. When the teachers hand them back, they usually say the grade out loud. For the good grades, it's worth bragging about; if not, then it's a shame (unless you don't care about the class). 
Now some of you know that I live across the street from the school. This may sound cool at first, but the entrance there is actually reserved for teachers, so I have to walk around to the student's entrance. If one of my teachers happens to be at the entrance, then I can enter with them, but that doesn't always happen.




This year is important in the French system, as the test at the end of the year, called the Brevet, determines if you will pass into "Seconde" (second) or not. I will take it, but I've a handicap because of the three subjects (Math, French, and History or Geography), in two of them the other students have an advantage because the language. I would like prayer in this, because it does a whole bunch. 
Thanks for having me as a guest blogger, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool to hear about your schooling, Chan! From what I hear, you're doing amazingly well, and we are all very proud of you! Will definitely be praying for your upcoming tests!
    Miss you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great perspective that only Chandler could give. Hope to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun Chan! Wow! Attempting to read in French is one thing, but taking a test in French and needing to understand it the "small" words.... Great job! Will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je vais prier pour tu, cousin Chan!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS