Monday, May 14, 2012

Full

It has been over a week since my last Blog post. I guess you could say that I am going through a bit of a dry spell in terms of what to write about, and I really don't think there is much point in recounting the day to day details of our lives (exciting though they may be!). At the same time, it might be a bit of an understatement to say that our days have been quite full lately.

I say "full" but others might describe our lives as "busy." I have issues with the word "busy." For me, "busy" carries connotations of being pressed for time, unsettled, and discontent. I am none of those things! I like the word "full" because it conveys a sense of satisfaction and peace, while also indicating that there is not a whole lot of free space. Our days are full.

Last year when we were in language school I tried to imagine how I would possibly fill the hours in a day as a missionary. Now I find myself trying to imagine how I could possibly find more hours in a day!

But in the midst of these full days, there is a great deal of satisfaction and peace. We are in one of those phases where everyone in the family seems to be in their sweet spot. We each have our challenges, but we are pressing into them by the power of the Holy Spirit and we are seeing progress by His grace. We are excited about what God is doing and we feel privileged to be a part of it. We are humble, hopeful, and hearty.

In the past, when all seemed right with the world, I would be haunted by a feeling of impending doom. I would think to myself, "Well, things can't be good forever. When is the next crisis going to hit?" After all, Jesus said, "in the world you will have tribulation...."

Now I simply thank the Lord for the grace for today, and trust Him for the grace for tomorrow. Whatever tomorrow holds, my Jesus will be in it with me, and that will be enough.

I know that my circumstances are not a reflection of God's love for me. When life is hard it is not because God is loving me less and when life is good it is not because God is loving me more. He is on the mountain top and in the valley, and both places I receive His constant love and His abundant grace.

But today life is full AND sweet, and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS