Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Sometimes things just don't go the way we plan.

We planned on taking a furlough this summer, spending two or three months in the States in order to help Graham transition back to life in Spokane. We were anticipating some time with dear friends and family, looking forward for some time away from our work here, hoping to reconnect with churches and supporters wanting to share the great things that God is doing here in France. That was our plan.

But following the double-flood situation and the on-going un-rentablity of our house in States, considering the exorbitant price of airline tickets, and realizing that other obstacles loom in our way, it seems that our plans won't go as planned.

Still, Graham must return. And we refuse to send him alone into the world. So at this point, it looks like Graham and David will travel together to the States in July, while Chandler and I hold down the fort here in Loches. It's not our first choice, but it seems to be our only choice.

Of course, God could make it work out if he wants, and we are open to seeing his mighty hand work a miracle on our behalf. Yet, we are also content to accept the situation--trusting in the One who is sovereign over all our plans. His kindness knows no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment