Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Tribute to our Moms--a whole family post!

I don't hate all Facebook Mom videos.

In fact, yesterday I saw one that I loved. I loved it so much that I share it here. It is a video where song writers interview children about their mothers in order to write a special "Mother's Day Song."

But before I share the video, we decided to respond to the interviewers' questions regarding our own mothers.

Interviewer: Does your mom do anything that's funny?
David: She has a "thing" for a G.I. Joe-type doll named Chuck. After Chuck Norris.
Jenn: She pinches bottoms and cheats at cards.
Graham: No. My mom is not funny. She just thinks she is. 
Chandler: She messes up song lyrics.

Interviewer: What's you favorite thing that your mom makes? Is there anything that rhymes with that?
David: French Dip. And...leather whip?
Jenn: Pretty dresses. Rhymes with wetty messes.
Graham: She's been drawing lately. And no, I'm not going to come up with a rhyme for that.
Chandler: Tartiflette. Hmmm. Personette? Orangette? Flowerette? Oh, I don't know!

Interviewer: What's something that we could sing about how good your mom's food is?
David: Mmmmm
Jenn: Well it's my dad that did most of the cooking. But mom's a good eater. Could we sing about that?
Graham: Stop making salmon! I'm so sick of salmon! And quiche. Never make quiche again.
Chandler: Ditto to Dad. (Hey that's kind of catchy!)

Interviewer: Is there anywhere she likes to go on trips?
David: Hawaii
Jenn: Like the mall? She could spend a week at a good mall.
Graham: Everywhere! She just likes to go!
Chandler: Paris

If your mom had a super power, what would it be?
David: Scrabble and Gift Giving
Jenn: Ironing. Definitely ironing.
Graham: Black thumb for indoor plants. She can kill any indoor plant in record time. 
Chander: Writing skills..cooking skills...preaching skills...nun-chuck skills...

Interviewer: What would happen if all the moms in the world were gone?
David: Dads would have to make their own sandwiches.
Jenn: Well Macy's would go out of business, that's for sure.
Graham: How does that even make any sense?
Chandler: It'd be a really sad place. And we'd die out pretty quickly.

Do you have any words that we could start the song with?
David: Dear Mom, I am content. My first bite was of the squash....
Jenn: My mom is kind and a super-great dresser. She loves spicy food and she always makes her bed, yeah!

Graham and Chan in a rare moment of total agreement: Why bother with lyrics? She'll just mess them up later!






2 comments:

  1. I love it! I really love the boys answers especially Graham's first one. I do think you're funny and it made me think of your laugh. Miss you! Happy mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Jennifer. Thanks for your wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS