Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stepping Up

Today the women's Bible study begins at my church, and I am ready! We are doing the Beth Moore Study called Stepping Up and it is a study on the Psalms of Ascent. The Psalms of Ascent are found in chapters 120-134, and these are the songs that the Israelites would sing each year as they made their pilgrimage to Jerusalem.

I do sort of feel like it is the first day of school for me, though. I'm wearing my new Fall shoes. I wonder who my teacher (small group leader) will be and who will be in my class (small group). I wonder if there will be snack, and I hope I have the right supplies. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous- I would love to do that study- I know it will be great. I am excited because I start BSF today- the study of Moses. And I too am nervous about teacher and small group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn - there is nothing better than knowing that God is going to show you something so very good - and this study is it!! It's my all time favorite one so far!
    Today we started Beth Moore's study of David "A Heart Like HIs" and it is her 2nd one - made in 1996 - with big hair and and younger Beth! BUT... God's word just doesn't change, it just keeps on talking to us - and we know that He has something special for us, today, in this study too!
    Blessings to you and your small group - I'll be praying for you on Tuesdays along with our group!
    xoox Janica

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS