Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chateau de Vizille

About forty minutes away from Camp des Cimes is a small village called Vizille which boasts an old chateau that is now a French Revolution Museum with a large and beautiful garden. We had a half-day break between the "Role of the Family in World Evangelism" seminar and the "Organic Church Planting" seminar, and visited this tucked-in-the-Alps treasure. We look forward to many more such discoveries when at last France is our place of residence.

We have only been gone from the States for about a week, but in some ways it feels like a lifetime. While I can't wait to hug my parents, teach the Coders the new card game we learned, and share our adventures face to face with friends, I am grieving having to leave France. All four of us are reluctant to depart, convinced even more that we are called to this place. There is much more to say, but my mind is so full I have not yet found the words to convey what God has done and what we believe He will do. I guess it will all ooze out of me in His time. For now, I treasure this experience in my heart. I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your accounts! You guys look good in France!
    love you,
    keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara here: You are there as us, we are with you and though we love to hug you and have the physicality of your bodilky presence - play cards with you and feel/hear your laughter in the same room, it is also a delight to have your feet and hands and head and heart there and to feel connected with you through our love of God and our secondary love for each other. Who you love, I also love.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS