Thursday, June 12, 2008

Believing God

In her book, Believing God, Beth Moore suggests this litany for believers to rehearse to remind ourselves of why God is worthy of our faith:

  • God is who He says He is
  • God can do what He says He can do
  • I am who God says I am
  • I can do all things through Christ
  • God's Word is alive and active in me

These aren't just nice ideas, high hopes, or even goals that we can achieve. They don't become true if we close our eyes really tight and try with all of our hearts to believe them. They are true whether we believe them or not. But I bet life looks different when we actually live like we believe the truth of these words.

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24b

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS