Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History

President Obama has assumed his position as the leader of the free world. As a politics junkie, I have a sense of the great historical importance of this event. But my emotions are a mixed bag. I am grateful that President Obama carries himself with the demeanor of a true statesman. I am frustrated with the media, which always describes our country as "deeply divided" when a republican is in office, but seems to sense a "spirit of unity" when a democrat wins. I am confused by the overwhelming confidence that the masses seem to have in such an inexperienced, unknown politician. I am captivated by the beauty of the Obama family and the genuine love they seem to share with one another. I am nervous about the direction that President Obama wants to take our country.

I spent the morning with some amazing women of faith, and we prayed fervently for President Obama. Despite my roller coaster emotions, I have tremendous hope in the sovereignty of God. Daniel 2: 21 says:

He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.


God has allowed Barack Obama to rise to the office of President of the United States. God will use his presidency to accomplish holy purposes. God does not even need President Obama's cooperation. God is, and always has been, in complete control. So yes, I have the audacity to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS