Monday, June 17, 2013

A Taste of France


I'm feeling like a bit of a tourist in my own backyard! It is so much fun to share our beloved France with visiting friends and family. In the midst of sharing a few of our favorite haunts, I am making a few delightful new discoveries.

Take, for example, this delicacy:


In a trip to Paris last week, I was introduced to a lovely little restaurant on the rue de Rivoli just along the Tuileries, called Angelinas. Their specialty is a dessert called the Mont Blanc, which has a meringue base, whipped cream filling, and a covering of chestnut flavored je ne sais quoi. It was totally delish! I loved it SO much, I plan to take my niece and her two friends there later this week. Yes, I am going back to Paris this week. What kind of aunt would I be if I didn't act as tour guide for a dear visiting niece and her darling friends? It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.


On Saturday we took the girls to Clos Lucé, the house where daVinci lived (and died). The gardens contain models of many of daVinci's inventions, like the double-decker bridge pictured above.


On the way home from Clos Lucé we stopped in the quaint village of Montrésor. I will never tire of quaint. In Montrésor we ate a goûter of pastries purchased at a local bakery. It does not suffice to simply see the sights in France, one must taste the treats. It's an essential part of the experience.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! So grateful that Sarah can spend time w/ you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS