Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today we left the United States to travel to Europe.

It feels like it has been a year. Not 10 years. Not 3 months. But exactly like one year, if, indeed, a year can be "felt."

After a year, I can't remember what Speed Limit signs look like in the United States. I don't have a library card, a gym card, or a Costco card in my wallet. I miss Mexican food.

On the other hand, it seems like we have always had a baguette with dinner every night. Oven temperatures in degrees Celsius no longer confuse me, nor do prices in Euros, nor weights in kilograms. I always remember to take my own shopping bags to the grocery store.

I recently dreamed that I was speaking French at the Safeway on the South Hill of Spokane and I could not figure out why no one understood me. I am not sure what that means.

What I do know is this: One year ago today, I left the United States. And I will never be the same.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! happen to stumble on your blog and i love the honesty and your authentic voice :)
    Hey- added you to my blogroll too- that's how much i love your space ;)
    LOL...check it out:
    http://simplepleasuresbykl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenn, for continuing to be my mentor via your blog. This blog spoke volumes to me as we have just spent our first 3 days in Germany, and I can't remember what my name is!! We have the same Hope, and He is leading. Bless you! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to hear what God does in people's lives in just a year. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what else He has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone once told me that when you dream in a second language, then you know that your really know the language well. :) Not sure about that as I don't know another language that well!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS