Sunday, March 3, 2013

Planning

Our trip home was long, but completely uneventful--even through Amsterdam. We are thankful.

Our animals were very happy to see us.

I was very happy to see my bed. I climbed in and slept for about 12 hours straight. Best sleep I've had in years! Seriously. Maybe long-distance travel is the answer to all my insomnia issues.

Today, before we re-enter the fabulous vortex of ministry in Loches, David and I are going to sit down and look at our calendar for the rest of the year. We will plot out his Masters of Divinity course schedule, our dates for scoping out villages for a potential church plant, the rotation of foreseen visitors (with the understanding that many are yet unforeseen), and upcoming travel for retreats and conferences. Once those events are slotted into their proper places, we will determine where our margin is for a new project on the horizon.

This sort of thing is extremely overwhelming to me, but with a good cup of French coffee and David's gentle leadership, I think I'll get through it. Nevertheless, you might want to pray for David. He thrives on planning and list-making, and I just get grumpy. I am a big-picture person, and details make me dizzy--even when I am not experiencing jet-lag. The sad thing is, he is doing this more for me than for himself. The "new project" is mostly mine, but like his Masters program, it will require cooperation and coordination on both of our parts.

He has the coffee ready, the calendar printed, and 14 colors of highlighters in hand. He looks just like Gemma looks after hearing the word "walk." Eager.

I'm going in, people.

Lord have mercy!

3 comments:

  1. Mercy, grace, and love. You two are a shoo-in with all of the above in your lives and marriage. Go kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to know more about the other village church plants so I can pray.I might be one of your "unforseen visitors"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Becky! Your comments are always such an encouragement.

    Lynn, we will post about the other villages as we visit them. Thanks so much for praying.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS