Friday, June 14, 2013

Listen

She perks up when she hears the creak of the front gate. No matter what kind of commotion is stirring around her, no matter what she is doing, no matter where she is in the house, she never misses the sound of the gate. And when she hears it, she stops whatever she is doing to head to the front door to greet me.

She abandons everything, and she runs. For me. Because I am her world, her master, her dearest love.


And when I come through the door, she wriggles with joy, leaps up, and kisses my cheeks. My dog worships me. I think I could learn something from her.

If only I listened for God like Gemma listens for me. If only I were willing to drop everything at the sound of His voice. If only I ran to be in His presence. He is my world, my master, my dearest love.


Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Our dog is like that as well...thanks for the reminder that examples of how to respond to God are all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There once was a "professor" schnauzer that could tell my car from any other car coming around the corner. Good reminder of how attentive we can be to His arrival in our circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS