Monday, June 10, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

While I like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, I can't say that they are my favorite things. So I've compiled my own list. Maybe next week I'll set it music. 

What do I love?
  • Chatting on Facebook with my nephew Alex, who happens to think that I am the coolest aunt in the world (and who just might be right about that).
  • Going to Paris with my friend Patti, which I will get to do tomorrow! We're on a quest to find the best gelato in the City of Lights. I'll let you know what we discover.
  • Playing fetch with Gemma, who never tires of the game. 
  • Making crazy bird calls to get Chandler's attention when we see him in his science classroom across the street from our house--which is super fun now that the school has their windows opened during the school day. (Think Three Amigos).
  • A freshly mopped kitchen floor!
  • Learning to live in community, even when it costs me something, because I am convinced that this is how Jesus meant for us to live life.
  • Flower boxes the are bursting with color and overflowing with blossoms.
  • Spontaneous kisses from a husband in passing. Watching an episode of M*A*S*H with him while snuggling in bed. Hearing his voice when he picks up the phone. Seeing him wink at me from across the room. Holding his hand as we walk to church. Making him laugh.
  • Teenagers who say, "Hey, can I talk to you about something?"
  • Running (with a friend) around the ramparts of the medieval city in which I live.
  • Speaking French.
How about you? What are a few of your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS