Monday, May 9, 2016

A Colorful Break

Last week was my break between my Spring and Summer semesters. Plus, because of the Ascension holiday in France, we had a four-day weekend from work! So I took full advantage. I started the week by finishing a baby blanket for a dear friend who is due next month. With some extra yarn I made a little monster that turned out so cute I almost kept him!


One sunny evening I met this cute boy for a pre-dinner drink. We thoroughly enjoyed being out and about in the city we now call home. Lyon is lovely, and we love being able to walk from our apartment to riverside cafés--living like locals. 


David brought some beautiful rhubarb home from the market one day, and I quickly turned it into a crisp that we devoured with great big scoops of vanilla ice cream.


And I spent a delightful afternoon with two friends from church, painting eggshells that are going to be used in an outdoor outreach next weekend. We are going to offer (among other family activities) a workshop for kids to make mosaics out of eggshells. After being painted, the shells were smashed into tiny peices, to be used as the "tiles" for the mosaics. 


I also spent several hours relaxing on the couch with these cuties and a good book. I'm rested and refreshed and ready to dive back in to school and ministry.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I completely love the blanket! What pattern did you use? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the pattern on Ravelry. It's called the Bertie Blanket. But I had to buy the pattern, so let me know if you want to make it and I can share it with you.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS