Monday, April 15, 2013

The Balance is Shifting

On the sidebar of my Facebook page there are 5 advertisements in French and 1 in English. The balance is definitely shifting....

Today I received 3 e-mails in French and 1 in English. The balance is definitely shifting....

Today I wrote 4 e-mails in French and 0 in English. The balance is definitely shifting....

I am in midst of reading 4 different books right now. Two of them are in French. The balance is definitely shifting....

Text messages on my phone are about 50/50 French/English. The balance is definitely shifting....

When I listen to the radio, make a telephone call, and dream, I am often unaware of which language is being spoken to me--unless I have to respond. Then I am aware. 

The other day I was translating for some Americans during our morning prayer time. Suddenly our Pastor switched to speaking English, but somehow my mind did not register the change, and I continued offering translation--English to English. Brilliant.

Still, I think that it is good sign that the the balance is shifting.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny! I could possibly do that translation....although, I think it's hard to speak (coherently implied!) while listening....I'm actully not certain I could translate English to English...
    Have a WONDERFUL day in whichever language you are in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, the translation thing is really hard! I can kinda-sorta do French to English, but I totally could NOT do English to French yet.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS