Monday, July 14, 2008

Letting Go!


Chandler calls this a "no-hander." I haven't mastered this trick. I can let go for a few seconds while coasting, but I always falter when I try to pedal without holding on to the handlebars. But Chandler can ride forever with no hands. The only complication is that he has little or no power to steer. As long as he is content to go wherever the road takes him, Chandler can ride for miles with his hands high in the air, the wind in his face, and his heart fully free!
-
My bike isn't the only place that I have a hard time letting go. I am a recovering control freak who still struggles with not always being able to steer my own life. God in His wisdom is much more capable of determining the best path for me, yet when I feel like I am faltering, it is so hard to trust Him and resist the urge to grab the handlebars and take control. But I really do want to let go.
-
I want to let go of my children...and trust that God will keep them.
I want to let go of my things...He knows whether or not I need them.
I want to let go of my dreams...believing God can redeem them.
I want to let go of my life, raise my hands, and know His freedom.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS