Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nice to Meet You!

Hi! My name is Jenn Williamson and I serve with Greater Europe Mission in France. I am the spoiled wife of a very patient husband, the fumbling mother of two brilliant boys, a beginning knitter, an avid reader, a reluctant runner, and a frequent blogger.

Before coming on the mission field in 2010 I was the Director of Women's Ministries at Life Center Foursquare Church in Spokane, WA. I used to be able to list off my passions, giftings, and callings, but over the past few years God has completely rocked my world, turning my attention to this:

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing....

All of my life I've wanted to make something of myself, but it turns out that God has called me to make nothing of myself, and I'm convinced it's the harder of the two. Frankly, I'm not very good at it.

This blog is the story of my flawed journey to become nothing in hopes that he will become everything. I don't have any answers, just a heart that is open to learn from the master. I hope you'll join me for the trip.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jenn Woke up today thinking of you. Curious where your fundraising was. Quote you often, and love who God made you to be. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, nice to find you in cyberspace. I just emailed you through your blog, but thought I'd comment as well (always fun to get blog comments). We just left Paris after 2 years there. It was quite an adventure. I'd love to connect with you. If you don't get my email you can find me through Facebook. Tracy Jang Price

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn,
    I heard about your blog when I was at my orientation week at GEM. I'm going to be doing the Euroquest in Paris starting in September, so your blog has been a wealth of valuable information for me. I love your stories and thoughts about France. It's been such a blessing to read. I'll be looking forward to following more of what God's doing in your life!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn,
    I am Karen Anzenberger's mom. I love reading your blog, it helps me keep up with all that is going on and get someone else's perspective on the ministry there. Hope to meet you in September when we will be visiting for the first time in almost two years due to my back surgery. I've missed being able to be there more often. Nita

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS