Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Roller Coasters and Hidden Pictures...

Did I mention that we were expecting a few twists and turns on this missionary adventure? This afternoon I received a call from the GEM headquarters explaining, very apologetically, that they were going to have to postpone Candidate Orientation from this June to sometime in the Fall. We were all ready to go on June 7-- we have scheduled time off work, bought our airline tickets, and arranged for my parents to come here and hang out with the boys ...I guess you could say we're all dressed up with no place to go!

This roller coaster picture came out of the children's magazine, Highlights, and there is more to it than is seen at first glance. Hidden within the drawing of the roller coaster are several other pictures, such as a top hat, a pencil, a boot, and a penguin. As a child I used to love to sit with my Dad and search out all of the "Hidden Pictures" in my Highlights Magazine.

I think today it's time for me to sit with my Dad--that is my heavenly Father--and search out the hidden pictures that are surely a part of this twisting and turning roller coaster ride. I know that even though I am disappointed about this apparent delay in our missionary journey, He has great things for me hiding in His perfect timing. I love the BIG picture, but I don't want to miss out on the secret delights that come from trusting God to show Himself in the details.

Look--I think I see an ice cream cone!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you can see an ice cream cone! So sorry about the delay- what a bummer- I know you were looking forward not only to the orientation but to having alone time away with your hubby! Thanks for the invite to the blog- you know I love a good blog my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Do I get to be the first "poster" of a comment on this super cool blogspot?!? I'm honored! This is a beautiful page, your photos are lovely, and, Jennifer, your words are inspiring... I am privileged to pray for you four every step of this process & journey!! (Jenn, we have to actually talk about this CO delay thing... that's big!) Love you lots, tc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to LOVE Highlights Mag! I'm so glad it's still around.

    Thanks also for the spiritual picture.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS