Friday, March 13, 2009

More of This and That

So last night we had the joy of hosting the monthly Adult Ministries Team dinner. I was blessed by this awesome group of people with whom I have the privilege of working. As the host, I was required to supply the main dish, and decided to make Citrus Glazed Baby Back Ribs. These are actually roasted in the oven, and they turned out fine--but my entire house and everything in it still smells like ribs this morning. I fully expect packs of dogs to follow me around today, as I flaunt Eau de Pork as my fragrance. Some things are meant to be eaten but not worn.

Chandler landed a role in his school's musical. He is quite the little actor, but dreading his part, because he has to act "smitten" and dance with a girl. An eleven-year-old nightmare. We'll see how it goes.

Can anyone tell me why the Cream of Wheat package claims that it "Cooks in two and half minutes" but it always seems to take ten minutes or more? After two and a half minutes it is completely soupy. Who would eat that?

Graham has been having to write Haiku for English class. These poems of Japanese origin are three lines long and must have five syllables in the fist line, seven in the second, and five in the third. He has written some great ones--so I decided to try my hand at it.

My Haiku has to do with the God's refining fire. All four of us have been feeling its heat lately.

The heat from the flames
Melts, purifies, changes me
Into His likeness

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS