Monday, September 10, 2012

London

On Saturday morning I took the train to England! I am here to spend some time with my sister, Barbara, who has hopped the pond to present a paper at a conference at Oxford University. We were supposed to meet up in London Saturday morning, but her flight from the States was cancelled and she did not arrive until late Saturday night. So I tackled London solo.


There is much to appreciate here, not the least of which is the people, who (much to my delight) keep calling me, "Love." As in, "Can I get the door for you, Love?" and  "Here you go, Love" 


I caught the official Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.


Our hotel was right by London Tower, a delightful part of town despite it's infamy for being the stomping grounds of Jack the Ripper.


And I took a wonderful tour on an open-air double-decker bus that was decked-out to my liking.


3 comments:

  1. Very fun! London is so amazing - that bus is too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun my dear an the M&M bus was just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Jenn... It was so great to see you..

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS