Saturday, September 27, 2008

YOU so totally ROCK!


I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-5


I'm sure the modern day translation for this scripture is, "You so totally rock!" And I am beginning to understand why Paul feels this way. As we walk the path of support-raising, we are being continuously and overwhelmingly blessed by amazing people whose love for God inspires us! People who are missionaries right where they are, prospering in the place that God has them, trusting Him the face of a national economic crisis, and eager to help us shine the light of Jesus into the darkness of France. David and I look to God and take itty bitty baby steps of faith in seeking support, and then we are blown away by His faithfulness in supplying our needs. As of today:
  • We have all of the funds we need for our entire exploratory trip to France next month--Glory to God and great gratitude to generous gift givers!


  • We also have pledges for 23% of our monthly support--Praise the Lord for calling His faithful to reach France.

  • We have a 26 prayer partners lifting us up--Thank you Jesus for the intercession of these mighty prayer warriors!

I just have to say it again: YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!


Our goal (hopefully a God-inspired goal) is to have 50% of our monthly support pledged before we leave for our exploratory trip on October 27th. This is a humanly impossible goal of insurmountable proportions. My favorite kind--since my God is the God of the impossible! You can monitor our progress on the fund-raising thermometer in the right-hand margin.

We are SO thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS