Sunday, September 14, 2008

Harvest Festival

Yesterday was the Harvest Festival in the town of Spangle. This annual event is the epitome of small town celebrations complete with a parade (mostly cars, a few horses, and one float that comes every year from the next town over), vending booths (when the parade announcer said, "Be sure to visit all of the exciting craft booths," my mom and I looked at each other and said in unison, "All four of them!"), and friendly neighborhood competitions (a bike race, a pie eating contest, and a home-run derby). My parents were here for the weekend, and we all enjoyed the fabulous weather, which made the parade worth enduring! My dad, in an effort to protect his bald scalp from sunburn, wrapped my sweater around his head. I wasn't phased, because to the same end I have seen my father wrap everything from t-shirts to scarves to pants around his head. Graham, however, was mortified, certain at that point that he was adopted. Here are some pic's:





1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS