Friday, July 20, 2012

In case you were wondering...

Gemma was a stellar little traveler--and she made bunches of new friends in Germany.

David is preaching in French this Sunday. The boys and I will be leading worship.

In Rothenbug, I bought a beautiful hand painted pewter figurine of a German boy and girl. Since I don't buy many souvenirs, I am very selective. Notice that the girl has blond hair and the boy has brown hair--we like it that way. 


French Rest Stops have squatty potties. Its like you exit the highway and enter a third-world country. Actually, most public restrooms in France have the ambiance of a third-world country. Like Newark.

It's Friday, so David is making pizza for dinner! Yea for Friday! Yea for Pizza! Yea for David!

I am almost finished knitting my purple shawl.

I am excited to start working on a baby blanket for a dear friend. 

We need a few more supporters--our monthly support has been lagging for the first time since we arrived on the field. Please pray about this--and if God is calling you to join our support team, shoot us an e-mail and we'll talk you through the process.

I've been reading through the books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles. Good stuff.

I have no idea what the latest Beth Moore studies are about. It used to be my job to know about the latest Beth Moore study. Oh well. I DO know the difference between Champagne and Crémant. That should count for something.

Today I learned about a shooting in Colorado by watching a French news channel. 

We are trying to think of something fun to do for our 20th wedding anniversary next month.

I just read, for the FIRST time, Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe. It was, quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read. Unforgettable characters, engaging narrative, brilliant writing. If you haven't read it, it is available for 99 cents on Kindle. Why not add a classic to your summer reading list?


I still love comté. But that stuff you guys are buying at Costco is not nearly as good as the stuff I buy at market. I'm just sayin'....

I have been sleeping better. 

I did bunches of administrative things this week. I do not like doing administrative things. I felt like the life was being sucked out of me. 

None of us can stomach a grocery store baguette anymore. We have officially become bread snobs.

By the way, the stuff that they sell in the US called, "French Bread" is not like any bread that I have ever bought in France.

Eighty percent of the swimming suits sold in France are bikinis. Eighty. Percent. 

Exactly two years ago today we were on the Queen Mary 2 crossing the Atlantic. 

I wrote two e-mails in French today. Its getting a little easier. A little.

I am trying not to think about the 8 Magnum Bars in the freezer. I am failing.                                                                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Regarding those Magnum bars, if you make it to Italy, there is a type of ice cream bar called Oakie or Oakey. The absolute best! Find it, try it. I have been longing for one of those ever since I left Italy.

    That is exciting to hear that your friend chose to follow Jesus. Awesome news, I am praying for you both. Dit-elle bienvenue a la familie du Jesu pour moi.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS