Thursday, July 26, 2012

Le Songe de la Nuit d'été

As an English major, I studied my fair share of Shakespeare. But last night I experienced Shakespeare in a whole new way! I met my friends at the Porte Jeanne d'arc at 9:30 p.m. The sun was just starting to set.


Together we walked up to the park just outside of the Donjon. We bought our tickets for le theâtre en plein air (outdoor theater) and found our seats.


The play was Le Songe de la nuit d'été, or A Midsummer Night's Dream. I was worried that I might not understand Shakespeare translated into French, but it's possible that the French was easier for me to understand than the original Olde English.


It was the perfect play to perform outdoors, as the whole thing is actually set in a forest. Seven actors played all 13 roles brilliantly. It was such a treat! It started at 10 p.m. and I walked home just after midnight.


My only regret is that I didn't drag the boys along. All three of them would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS