Monday, April 27, 2009

Fruity Pebbles and Barney

After taking the boys to school I came home and napped for four hours--right in the middle of the day--while laundry was undone, meals were unplanned, pets were unwalked, e-mails were unanswered, phone calls were unreturned, and grants were unwritten.

Best sleep I've had in weeks.

Then I ate 2 bowls of Fruity Pebbles. Two big bowls. I am still contemplating a third. Cereal is my favorite NO-prep food. Maybe we'll have it for dinner.

While eating Fruity Pebbles, I watched an entire episode of Barney--start to finish. How does that dinosaur stay in business? He is the MOST annoying, MOST pathetic, MOST uninteresting character on all of T.V.--excluding Paris Hilton. He still sings the "I love you" song at the end of the program. Gag.

And no, I don't want to talk about my pantry. Yet. Ask me again on Friday.

Lest you worry that I am depressed, fear not. I am simply recovering from a women's retreat. I should be back to myself tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest.

Well, now it is time to pick up the boys from school. I hope they had a full and productive day. I hope they weren't lazy. I hope they did everything mightily as unto the Lord.

I know I did. (wink wink)

2 comments:

  1. :-) Glad you did! Nothing like catching up on a little shut eye and fruity pebbles! Love ya! dr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you about Barney. Why do the todlers like him so much! I kind of skip around that one. Thankfully my little Kelly likes Dora much more than Barney! Of course, I think some of her interest is because I won't let her watch it!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS