Monday, April 13, 2009

Pantry and Peeps

My kitchen pantry is fast becoming a danger zone in my house. The left side is not so bad, but the right side is a nightmare. I tried to establish a spot for school supplies, as the boys often do homework at the kitchen bar. But the school supply basket became the proverbial kitchen catch-all. I think I see a videotape in there. We don't even have a VCR! By Friday...a new pantry.

Oh, the boys heard about a Peeps joust on Air 1 Christian Radio's Morning Show, and staged a joust of their own. Each Peep is armed with a toothpick, and placed on a plate within striking distance of the other. They are then placed in the microwave. I'm not sure you can tell who won, since they both got blown up. And the smell of toasted marshmallow filled our home for the rest of the day. Here are the gory results. Beware, small children may be traumatized:

3 comments:

  1. Can't say I've heard of "Peeps joust", but my friend told me of "Peeps races". Apparantly you each lick the bottom of a Peep (she doesn't know why, that's just what they did!), stick it on a plate, then put it in the microwave. The first one to deflate is the winner (I think. Might have to ask my friend who wins.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo not in keeping with your post in any way, shape or form. I just happened to notice your Bisquick-- unless they've changed it--there should be a microscopic line of information somewhere on your box that says to store it in the refrigerator. Bisquick gets rancid really quickly... just wanted you to know :)

    Oh the melted Peeps... cool-- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bisquick gets rancid???? Really? I don't buy it that often, but for as long as I can remember I have NEVER heard of Bisquick being stored in the Fridge. That big old box in my pantry is practically empty and will be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS