Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Small World Wide Web

The other day I received the nicest e-mail from a woman I have never met. I asked her permission to share it, and she graciously agreed, so here is an excerpt:

I am Christy Martin in Jacksonville Florida. Your website/blog was picked up by Random House and forwarded to us because you recommend my husband Charles' books on your reading list. I happened to see it and had such a laugh as I have just learned to knit as well. It is rather addicting isn't it? I'm currently working on two scarves....

We are always grateful to anyone who spreads the word about Charles' books and do hope you have enjoyed them. Best to you and yours and May the Lord Richly Bless, Protect and Guide You in 2009.

How amazingly cool is that? I have read three books by Charles Martin, and I look forward to reading many more. He writes beautifully crafted stories that are poignant, peppered with humor, and filled with refreshingly candid characters. Martin has (in my humble opinion) the VERY rare ability to infuse faith in God into a story without making it seem trite or sugary sweet.
If you haven't read any of his books, I would highly recommend checking them out. My favorite so far is The Dead Don't Dance, and the next one I plan on reading is called When Crickets Cry. Happy reading! And please let me know what you think if you do read any of his books. I'm always up for a good chat about literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS